PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE The $50.00 non-refundable Application Fee and the $50.00 Registration Fee are to be paid upon enrollment. Cash paying students must pay for the kit in full before orientation. If a scheduled payment is more then 10 days late a $20.00 late fee will be charged. Any student who is 2 months behind in a scheduled payment will not be permitted to clock any hours until the account is brought up to date. A cash paying student on an approved leave of absence must continue to make scheduled payments to keep the account in good standing.
- Full-time classes are Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00am to 4:30pm
- Part-time classes are Monday through Friday from 3:30pm to 8:30pm
Cosmetology– CIP Code 12.0401
- Median Loan Debt–$9,822.00 full time
- Median Loan Debt- $14,476.00 part time
- On Time Graduation Rate–67 % full time 55% part time SOC Code – 39-502.00 For information regarding occupations visit The Department of Labor’s O*NET at www.onetonline.org
- Placement rate based on most current annual report from NACCAS–73 %
Esthetician– CIP Code – 12.0409
- Median Loan Debt–$6,304.00
- On Time Graduation Rate–75 %
- SOC Code – 39-5094.00 for information regarding occupations visit The Department of Labor’s O*NET at www.onetonline.org.
- Placement rate based on most current annual report from NACCAS–74 %
Institution Textbooks as of June 1st 2013
The cost of the kit includes the books. This would be replacement prices. Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 2012, 1st Edition ISBN-13: 9781418049355 ISBN-10:1439059306 Cost $112.50 Theory Workbook for Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 2012 ISBN-13: 9781439059234 ISBN-10: 1439059233 Cost $47.95 Exam Review for Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 2012 ISBN-10: 1439059217 ISBN-13: 9781439059210 Cost $35.95 Milady’s Standard Esthetics: Fundamentals 11th Edition ISBN-13: 9781111306892 ISBN-10:11111306893 Cost $141.95 Workbook for Milady’s Standard Esthetics: Fundamentals 11th Edition ISBN-13: 9781111306915 ISBN-10: 1111306915 Cost $78.95 Exam Review for Milady’s Standard Esthetics:Fundamentals 11th Edition ISBN-13: 9781439059210 ISBN-10: 1111306923 Cost $51.95 Net Price Calculator – Please click here to access the Calculator
Unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material, including peer-to-peer file sharing and the unauthorized use of Tucson College of Beauty’s information technology systems, may result in civil and criminal liabilities and subjected to the penalties of federal copyright laws.
Tucson College of Beauty does not require specific vaccinations for admission into our programs. Further information and vaccination schedule may be found by contacting the Pima County Health Department. Pima County Health Department Immunization Administration Office 3950 S. Country Club Road Tucson, AZ 85714
Arizona Voter Registration Information
For information please visit this link: http://www.azsos.gov/election/voterregistration.htm
Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures
Tucson College of Beauty maintains practices to ensure emergency procedures are known: First aid kit is readily available for use by faculty, staff, students, and clients in case of an injury or an accident Emergency planning guide for school is available upon request and is reviewed at orientation. Emergency phone numbers are posted at the front desk for quick easy reference.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Information
The policy is to provide and distribute information to its students, faculty, and employees to prevent drug and alcohol abuse. Distribution of drug and alcohol abuse prevention to all students and employees will be an a semi-annual basis. If new students enroll or new employees are hired after distribution the school will ensure that they also will receive the materials.
College Navigator Website
For information regarding campus security, student body diversity in the categories of gender and ethnicity of enrolled full-time students who receive Federal Pell Grants, Retention rates of certificate seeking first time full-time undergraduate students or other information regarding Tucson College of Beauty see http://nces.ed.gov or College Navigator at http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children’s education records. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level. Students to whom the rights have transferred are “eligible students.”
- Parents or eligible students have the right to inspect and review the student’s education records maintained by the school. Schools are not required to provide copies of records unless, for reasons such as great distance, it is impossible for parents or eligible students to review the records. Schools may charge a fee for copies.
- Parents or eligible students have the right to request that a school correct records which they believe to be inaccurate or misleading. If the school decides not to amend the record, the parent or eligible student then has the right to a formal hearing. After the hearing, if the school still decides not to amend the record, the parent or eligible student has the right to place a statement with the record setting forth his or her view about the contested information.
- Generally, schools must have written permission from the parent or eligible student in order to release any information from a student’s education record. However, FERPA allows schools to disclose those records, without consent, to the following parties or under the following conditions (34 CFR § 99.31):
- School officials with legitimate educational interest;
- Other schools to which a student is transferring;
- Specified officials for audit or evaluation purposes;
- Appropriate parties in connection with financial aid to a student;
- Organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of the school;
- Accrediting organizations;
- To comply with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena;
- Appropriate officials in cases of health and safety emergencies; and
- State and local authorities, within a juvenile justice system, pursuant to specific State law.
Schools may disclose, without consent, “directory” information such as a student’s name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, honors and awards, and dates of attendance. However, schools must tell parents and eligible students about directory information and allow parents and eligible students a reasonable amount of time to request that the school not disclose directory information about them. Schools must notify parents and eligible students annually of their rights under FERPA. The actual means of notification (special letter, inclusion in a PTA bulletin, student handbook, or newspaper article) is left to the discretion of each school. For additional information, you may call 1-800-USA-LEARN (1-800-872-5327) (voice). Individuals who use TDD may call 1-800-437-0833. Or you may contact us at the following address: Family Policy Compliance Office U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20202-8520
School Licensing, Accreditation, Association, Participation, Membership, and Partnership
The school is licensed by the Arizona State Board of Cosmetology and accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences (NACCAS). The National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences is recognized by the United States Department of Education as a national accreditation agency for post secondary schools. Tucson College of Beauty is members of the association; American Association of Cosmetology schools (AACS).
Naccas Licensing and Regulation
Arizona State Board of Cosmetology
1721 East Broadway
Tempe, AZ 85282
National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences (NACCAS)
4401 Ford Ave Suite 1300
Alexandria, VA 22302
American Association of Cosmetology Schools (AACS)
15825 N 71st Street Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85254