Step 1: Apply for a PIN!
Your PIN is your electronic signature for FASFA on the web. If you are a Dependent student your parents will also need to apply for a PIN to sign your FASFA.
The Department of Education considers a student independent by the following criteria:
- You are at least 24 years old on the day you file your FASFA
- You are married on the day you file your FASFA
- You are a parent
- You are an Orphan or Ward of the Court (or were until age 18)
- You are a Veteran or currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces
- You were a foster child after the age of 13
- You are an emancipated child as determined by a court judge
- If none of the above criteria apply to you, you’re a dependent student
Step 2. Gather Information!
Gather your most recent tax information [Federal 1040 and W-2 forms]
If you are a dependent student you will also need YOUR PARENT(S) tax information [Federal 1040 and W-2 forms]
If you are a married student on the day you complete your FASFA you also need your SPOUSE to provide their most recent tax information [Federal 1040 and W-2 forms]
*If you are unable to locate your W-2(s) you can visit your local IRS building. If you are unable to locate tax return please visit www.irs.gov and complete a tax transcript request form. Or you can see the Financial Aid Representative to complete the form.*
Step 3. Complete the FASFA
TCOB school code: 040593
If you have any questions completing the FASFA please contact Alexis our Financial Aid Advisor at 520.887.8262
Step 4. Come for a Tour!
Please contact TCOB Career Coordinator Jensen to schedule a Campus Tour 520.887.5035
We would love to meet you!